Sunday 27 October 2013

Photography - Week 1,2 & 3

This year I have taken a Photography Elective so that I could learn more about photography, different skills and techniques along with getting to have fun taking more pictures and experimenting of how to use my camera.

The first project we were given was a 'self portrait' although your face didnt have to be in it. I decided to take photographs of me dancing as dance was such a huge part of my life when I was younger. I hadn't stepped on a stage for 2 years so getting to put my shoes back on was definitely liberating even if it was just to take some pictures.



The second project was to tell a story with a photograph, which was certainly harder. When I was at home at the weekend though i dragged my six year old brother out into the garden and photographed him. The result was the picture below.


The third project was to photograph something funny. This was really hard. I originally wanted to get a picture of my cat scooping out his cat buscuits from the go cat box but sadly there was no such luck. It ended up though that our house fridge broke and I captured my flat mate with the door that had fallen. People laughed so at least it worked, I can hardly say that its a 'good' picture though. 3 week of photography down and so far I feel like I really need to get Photoshop! 




No comments: