Sunday 27 October 2013

Decorating Doors

Sophia is quite forgetful to say the least and we are constantly wondering where she is.
For this exact reason I decided to create her a fun Calendar to put on her door with little funny memos, like her Birthday, Christmas, Exams, Terms and other such things. Around this there I placed photos of all of us and a few sketches and magazine cut outs.
I got the free calender print outs for Sophia's calendar from http://heidiswapp.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=80 a great website if you are in to smashbooking as well!
As we are not at uni for July and August i only have printed out 10 months which I then stuck to card.

For Rachael's door I went down the theme of Nature. Rach LOVES frogs and has lots of butterflies in her room so I decided that i would create origami butterflies and frogs using some online tutorials on youtube and http://www.origami-instructions.com/origami-yoshizawa-butterfly.html . I also covered hers in some butterfly sketches I did and some photos.


Hannahs was easy to decide what to do as she LOVES pigs and teeth, bizarre combination but never the less I went about creating her a movable jaw. I found what I was looking for on http://skulladay.blogspot.co.uk/ where i downloaded the template, stuck in onto card and then scored and cut according to the idea. This Skull template would also be good on a larger scale to use at halloween as you could attach string and potentially move it without the need to touch creating a very scary idea! Along with this I printed of photos of piglets covered in paint and wellington boots, you can find them on google!

Kasturi studies energy engineering and has a labrador back in India so, luckily glamour awhile ago had a photo shoot and interview with Diana Kruger in which she was photographed with a beautiful labrador.  I also hand drew a big periodic table just because who doesn't want to learn their elements.

The boys doors were a little different but I found funny quotes to stick on theirs along with embarassing pictures from last year


No comments: