Friday 4 October 2013

Namibia- Day Twenty Two

The Last Day
I woke up early and after sitting around for a few hours we left for the lodge. It was so pretty there but not as big as I was expecting and there was wifi.
The buffet was so nice and they had the most amazing apple cake with fudge topping! I wish I could have asked for the recipe. After a few drinks and food we went to the pool and I got to sunbathe even though it wasn't exactly hot.
We got back to N/a'an ku se around 5.30 and I was given Koos. After tea and saying bye to Margaux, Koos and I headed to bed. He seemed to be able to sleep but I didn't unfortunately. He woke in the middle of the night for a bottle and annoyingly his nappy leaked all over my bed. Thank god I didn't have another night in that bed.

Goodbye Namibia
After an eventful nappy change, breakfast was relatively easy. I went round and took pictures of the animals and said goodbye to Samira the Cheetah. We left for the airport at 12.30 and after checking in I bought a few souvenirs. The first flight was on time and over quickly. I then only have a 50 minute wait in Johannesburg before I was on the plane to Zurick.

Home
My flight arrived into Manchester to grey clouded skies and temperatures of 13degrees. A stark contrast to the 20 degrees sunny heat of Namibia that I had only left a day ago. I found Mum around 9 and it was lovely to have a reunion. Although its good to be home, I can hardly say that I would rather be back home than in a beautiful country like Namibia. Until next time.








No comments: