Friday 12 July 2013

Namibia- The Packing List

So here is what I thought i would need to take with me to N/a 'an ku se, it turned out that I took far to much stuff with me for my 3 week trip but at the time because I didn't know how good laundry was going to be I definitely over compensated.
Clothing
18x Tshirts - You probably only need around 10-15 maximum
04x Bottoms - At night the temperatures plummit so having warm trousers to sleep in and walk around is                         crutial
04x Shorts
02x Leggings - Great for Game Counts
02x Shoes - Trainers and nice sandals are good for town trips at the weekends.
01x Walking boots - I took trainer type ones but normal are in some ways probably better.
01x Flipflops - For the mad dash back from a tepid shower at night
03x PJs
02x Fleece - VERY IMPORTANT, its cold at nights and in the morning so you will want to sleep in one.
02x Hoodie - If you don't sleep in a fleece you will sleep in a hoodie at night, also when you have a baby baboon they are better when they are zipped into a jacket close to you so a zip up hoodie is perfect for them
20x Knickers- like the tops I didn't know about washing, only about 10-15 is needed.
02x Nice outfits - for the weekend
01x Bikini - If you're brave enough like me to go in the freezing cold pool!

Other things to take
Sleeping bag liner
Sleeping bag- You will be so grateful you have it!
Blanket - I used the one from  my flight and i was relieved i did
Sun cream -Factor 30 is  fine in June-October as it's their winter.
Watch
Torch and Head torch - No lite walk ways at night
Rucksac
Ipod
Adapter - South African Adapter, I got miss sold an Indian one so had to borrow for the trip, there are some English plug sockets to.
Sewing Kit - Baboons do like to make holes in your clothes
Mosquito Repellent - I didn't see any mosquitoes whilst I was there!
Ear Plugs - Sometimes it can be really noisy at night due to monkeys, ear plugs are the best way to get a good nights sleep, just ask someone to wake you when they get up!
First Aid kit - for blisters and thorn scratches (You get plenty)
Hand Sanitizer- who knows where those baboon hands have been?
Towels - one for face and one for body
Gardening Gloves- for when you're on project work
Camera - Not that you ever would forget!!

No comments: