Wednesday 11 December 2013

Strictly Come DanceSport

So....
I have had the honor of taking part as a 'Celeb' representing Cheerleading in Strictly Come DanceSport to raise money for Leeds Marrow, an amazing charity that aids the recruitment of bone marrow donors as only 50% of people diagnosed who require a donor will find one and it costs £100 to add a person to the register!

I have been training hard learning the Pasodoble, a Latin dance which tells the story of bull fighting, and the girl acts as the cape, the male as the bull fighter for the past 3-4 weeks. It was such an amazing experience to get to take part in and the show was incredible! It really did feel like we were on strictly.

Everyone who took part were incredible and it was amazing to see what we had all managed to achieve in under 4 weeks!! Some of the judges were ridiculously harsh which really was like strictly but over all a fun filled night.

My performance was 9th out of the 10 competitors and it definitely felt like a nervous wait. We finally went onto the floor and all I kept thinking was that I need to be angry!! I believe that I may have done a good job to. After badly injuring my back last week I was really nervous about injuring it more but somethings are worth the risk and the dance with all the lifts certainly was plus my medication certainly took the edge of any pain!

The dance went AMAZINGLY and we got scored two 9s and two 10s!!! I  really couldn't believe it, and it was such a proud moment when all the hard work at training and going over or the silly details like which direction a foot should face meant something. We then had the nervous waiting for the spectators votes to be counted.
The results were in and Jordan and I had won! I really couldn't believe it as everyone was so good! Charlotte Warner, LUU Welfare Officer came second, her performance was truly amazing and I need her to teach me to shimmy (its her secret skill). Its been such a brilliant thing to do and as I said to some it up 'Different'. Doing something different than what you would normally can be the most rewarding thing possible and taking part in LUU's Strictly really was.
Everyone who performed and took part were winners really though as we all got to help raise money to an important cause, after all it is Christmas and whats Christmas unless you can do good  deeds for others!!

To see the show the links below..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxx4WnHk3tQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUXiQ_pewQZq7pwV-dsw-4SQ


So... Keep Dancing, Smiling and a Very Merry Christmas to everyone.

No comments: