Monday 4 November 2013

Wicked

So feeling very Halloweeny after a brilliant night dressed as a Zombie Dorothy I headed to Manchester to see the INCREDIBLE theatre show of Wicked at the Palace Theatre. We had brilliant seats and as the show was starting I couldn't help but feel the buzz from all the audience as the lights started to dim.

There is no question as to whether the show was good or not, the plot of friendship, bonding and love makes it out to be a fantastic extravaganza. I was so thrilled though, that the individuals cast for main roles were so strong! Usually there is likely to be one or two which arn't quite as good as another but this show was in a league of its own. Just as I thought I figured out who I personally felt was the best it changed. The singing was phenomenal and the girl who played Elphaba,Nikki Davis-Jones could challenge Idina Menzel which is sure saying something as I never thought I would comprehend anyone being as talented with their vocal chords as she is. Glinda played by Emily Tierney was exactly what I expected her to be and with out fail, she made you laugh during her hair flicks and 'Popular', and cry a little, when they both sang 'for good'!
My only downside was I couldn't watch it on repeat or that I now have such an urge to get back on a stage whether its to dance or just have fun. Its amazing how one show can make you remember just how much something has always been part of your life.

If you ever get the opportunity to see the show of Wicked I would highly recommend it. Its a brilliant show with a very talented cast for everyone in the family. Even my Nan couldn't comment that the music and microphones were to loud! A brilliant feat on its own.

No comments: